Netherlands Embassy and Consulates China
Wind, water and wide open spaces have shaped the Netherlands and its history. To its inhabitants, the Dutch, water has always been friend and foe. The Netherlands is a relatively small deltaic region in Western Europe. Three major rivers, the Rhine, the Meuse and the Scheldt, fan out across the country before flowing into the North Sea.
A series of inspiring and provocative speakers events organized by the Netherlands network in China focusing on creating dialogue and connecting people.
The Dutch diplomatic network to China represents Dutch citizens and Dutch interests in China. The netwerk consists of the Embassy in Beijing and Consulates-General in Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chongqing and Hong Kong, as well as six Netherlands Business Support Offices (NBSO's) in second tier cities.
August 24, 2016 Leiden University Professor Emeritus Leonard Blussé is one of the recipients of this year’s China Book Award for Special Contributions.
August 23, 2016 On 16-22 August 2016, the 13th International Geography Olympiad (iGeo) took place in Beijing with support of the International Geographical Union.
- EU declaration on the conviction of Chinese lawyers and other human rights defenders on charges of state subversion
- The third China Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil
- Signing of Sino-Dutch agreement for bamboo projects in Africa
- Groningen University enters next stage in opening an international joint university in China
- Dutch Space delegation visits Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology
18 Jun 16 – 16 Sep 16
The experience of the life of painter Vincent van Gogh is composed with lifelike reproductions, audiovisual scenes from his artworks, life and environment and quotations from personal letters.
27 Aug 16
Twitching Eye Trio brings a new program with original compositions and a strong sound of its own.